Saturday, November 9, 2013

Stuck In Neutral

For whatever reason, my Attention Deficit disorder has been really bad as of late.  Seriously I have three half-finished blog posts, an idea for a fourth blog post, an all but for the editing and formatting finished mini-comic.  Three separates stories going in my NaNoWriMo document and I just got the pages for a short comic book story I'm lettering for an anthology.  Because the lettering is a kind of sort of, if it sells a ton I'll get more than a nickel paying gig for someone else, that will take first priority.  The rest of the projects I'm just bouncing from one to the other never really getting any momentum built up.

I also have been skipping out from going to the gym a lot lately.  These things are probably link.  I'm just having a hell of a time getting going with anything.  I find in the morning I end up dragging my feet right thought the gym window (that time when I can both get to the gym in time do a decent work out in and get to work in time).  Then I end up sitting in the shower way too long and getting into work just in a nick of time.  It's almost like I'm paralyzed in the tub, just not able to get myself going.  I know the root cause of that is depression, which is also most likely feeding my ADD after mid-night turning it from a cute Mogwai to a gremlin.

I also know that getting to the gym and getting 30min of cardio a few days in a row will start releasing the chemicals in the my brain to help alleviate the depression.  It just climbing the mountain has been really tough lately.  It all started after I got sick back in September.  Once I got sick it knocked me out of the gym routine.  I would go once and then something would happen and I would miss the rest of the week.  Then I would try, try again with the same results.  I need to break the cycle, somehow.  It think I will try going for a brisk walk tomorrow morning see if I can't get some cardio that way.  Plus I'll pack my gym bag tonight so it is already to go come Monday morning.  I'm also going to make the commitment to go to the gym every day next week here in a public forum.  If you follow me on the book of faces or the site of tweeting, please hold me accountable for this promise.

Despite the current difficulties I have had some good thing happen on a personal front.  They are mostly in the too early to talk about in the blog stage, but some things are breaking the Old Man's way.  It's nice.  I also have gotten some work done one some knitting projects and I have actually finished three things.



I finished and sent out the contest winners fingerless gloves.  Although due to a miscommunication I sent Beth's to her old address.  I may need to make a new set for her, which I don't really mind because I really enjoy making these gloves.  If anyone wants a pair to give as Christmas gift, to yourself or another, let me know.  I guess I'll charge $5 plus materials cost and shipping if need be.

The other thing I made is this cunning hat.  I had left over blue yarn from Lisa's gloves and I thought it would look good paired with black and white.  Turns out I was right I, it looks great.  I roughly based the design off a different hat patter in Son of Stitch and Bitch, a knitting book for making stuff for guys.  My first attempt was nice but covered my whole head.  I shrank down the number of stitches and came up with once that actually fit.


The final thing I finished back in September was the fall Mix.  Check out this post for more info on my mixes

Here's the track list for the Fall 2013 mix:

Artist
Song
The Proclaimers
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
Peter Gabriel
Solsbury Hill
Lyle Lovett
Nobody Knows Me
Fiona Apple
Anything We Want
John Bobek
Quiver (feat. Jodie Schell)
The National
Don't Swallow the Cap
Belle and Sebastian
Expectations (Remastered)
Matt Pond PA
This Is Montreal
Prince
Raspberry Beret
Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra
Want It Back
Tegan and Sara
All You Got
Stevie Wonder
I Wish
Club Bootie
Call Me A Hole (Nine Inch Nails vs. Carly Rae Jepsen)
The Velvet Underground
Stephanie Says
Toad The Wet Sprocket
Crazy Life
Tori Amos
Space Dog
The Doubleclicks
Lasers and Feelings
The Cardigans
Drip Drop Teardrop
Young At Heart
Fake Plastic Trees
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Time To Move On
Diana Krall
I've Got The World On A String(w\Tony Bennet)



That's all I have for now, back to lettering for the Old Man.  Hopefully the next blog will come sooner.

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment