Sunday, September 29, 2013

Being sick and busy definitely slows down the blogging.

I was about half way done writing a post about Netflix and DS9 when I cane down with the cold that has been going around.  It really stopped me in my tracks.  I will try to get that post finished and up later this week. 

The other thing that has been keeping me from updating the blog is the comic book project I have been working on has really been picking up steam.  At this point I have almost all of the finish are work and the first draft of the letting has been completed (I lettered over the roughs so I can just drop it right into the final art)

Along the way I discovered that I love lettering comic books.  Due to the fact I have no natural art skills and atrocious handwriting, I’ve been doing the lettering in illustrator with free fonts from the Internet.  Even with those stumbling blocks I’ve found it a joyous experience.  Time just seems to fly by while I’m lettering.  In fact I’ve had set up a timer when I work so I know when I need to stop.  Otherwise I will spend all day working.

Besides YouTube tutorials on given techniques, I have been reading Scott McCloud’sMake Comics” and Todd Klein’s section in “The DCComics Guide to Coloring and Lettering Comics.”  Both works have been invaluable to bringing me up to speed.  Other than that, I have learned mostly through a lot of trail and error to solve problems as they have come up.  I’m hoping once this project is done to get some work doing lettering by offering my service free on Digital Webbing.  If you know anyone who need a letter and doesn't mind someone who is still learning please let me know.  Also if you know of any good course in digital letter, I would be interested in that as well.

Here are a couple of snap shots preview, of what’s to come.








Till next time


T.

No comments:

Post a Comment