Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A World of Wizard and Illness.



I’m sorry to disappoint but there will be no recipe this week, we have just been too busy.  As I mentioned last week, Laura and I both had a touch of a cold last weekend.  Well, combine that with 4 days of Wizard World and the Con Flu that penetrated our already weaken immune system, meant that we were in no mood to make anything Monday.  In fact all I really did that day was run out and get Laura some cold meds for her cough and then sat on the couch with her watching an impromptu RuPaul’s Drag race marathon off Netflix.
   
Despite the multitude of germs inhabiting our bodies Wizard World was a blast.  I got to debut my Doctor Strange costume.  It was the first time I every cosplayed and I loved every minute of it.  At one point I was talking to the great Scott Derby and I heard a small voice from my right say “I like your cape.”  I looked over and there stood an absolutely adorable little girl.  I thanked her and her and her older sister if they would like a picture.  Both girls’ eyes lit up and the little one asked, “Can I?”  This completely melted my cold cold heart.  After their dad took our picture, the older of the sister asked me about the medallion on my costume.  I told her about how a friend of mine had made the costume for me and to the best of my knowledge I explained how she had made the medallion from scultpy.  This exchange was the highlight of my weekend and from that moment on I was hooked on cosplaying.

 I spent most of my time at the convention behind Laura’s table.  We did brisk business and I got to meet a lot of really cool people and see some amazing costumes.  The few times I was able to get out of the booth I was able to get a few sketches for a themed sketch book I have been putting together since 2008.  I call it Arkham Asylum and I have each artist draw his or her favorite Batman villain in it.  I also give them a folder with reference pictures of all of the Batman villains I could find.

Here are the sketches I picked up this Wizard World Philly:

Mr. Freeze - James Boyle

The Reaper - Chris Faccone
    
Catwoman - Andy Leta

Mr. Freeze - Alex Eckman-Lawn

That just about does it for this week.  If you didn’t get a chance to see as Doctor Strange at Wizard World, I’ll be participating in a Cosplay Fashion show this Thursday at the G Lounge for RAW Philly Artist.  Next week we will return to our normal format with a tasty recipe.  Till then, get the hell out of my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do you still have all the pictures from Philly Wizard World 2012? Was looking back through my pictures and realized I don't have one of you and I. It was my first attempt at a Dresden Costume and I thought yours was amazing.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, what would be the best way for me to get it to you?

      Delete