Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Week Three of Operation Still Sick


Operation Still Sick is going strong, but there are slight signs of it coming to a close.  My cough is a little better and I’m starting to have little more energy.  Unfortunately I did not have enough energy to make a fancy new meal this weekend.  I used up all that energy being in a Cosplay Fashion Show!!!

Now you might wonder, why I would risk being sick longer to be in a fashion show? Answer, because it was awesome!  I mean really when else am I ever going to be asked to be in a fashion show, let alone a Cosplay fashion show.  Hopeful next year, but I’m getting a head of myself.

The show was part of Philly RAW Artists at the G Lounge and Cosplay part was organized by the Lovely Laura Guzzo.  We had a lineup that would do any comic book cross over proud.  I started things off as Dr. Strange followed by the Scarecrow (from Arkham Asylum), Poison Ivy, Tigra, Ms. Marvel, Vector (from Resident Evil) and Superman.  It was a ton of fun, but like any event of this type there were some trials and tribulations.  Besides that fact that Laura and I are both sick, the body painter that was need to turn change Liz into Tigra bailed at the last minute.  This led Gabby our fantastic Ms. Marvel and I to adventure around the city to find body paint in enough time to get back before the show started.  Lucky we found a costume shop that was still open.  Because of when we found out we need the body paint we were both mostly in costume during our sojourn which turn out to be lot of fun as the people at the costume shop not only recognize who we were dressed as, knew Dr. Strangers catch phrase (By The Hoary Hosts Of Hoggoth)
 
When we got back, everyone pitched in and we turned Liz orange in no time flat.  Once sufficiently oranged, Laura when to work adding the strips and Tigra was born.  She really did an amazing job.  I really goes to show that when it comes to art there is very little Laura can’t do.

The walking the runway itself went really well.  I think I did well for someone who never did that before and was not exactly clear on where I was meant to go after I was done.  Now that I have it under my belt I really want to do it again, I want to take my experience and see what kind of job I could do now that I know kind what I’m doing.  It looks like I might get the change as there are rumors that this might be a yearly event.  Who should I dress up as next year?

Well that’s it for this time, I apologize again for no recipe, but with my health on an upswing, I should be back to cooking in no time.  Till next time, get the hell out of my kitchen

P.S


No comments:

Post a Comment