Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hello World


Welcome to Old Man Mitchell’s Kitchen, Come on it a pull up a chair.  Being this is the first post to the blog, I probably know you.  If that’s the case, thank you for being a good friend and checking out my blog.  If I don’t know, please leave a comment how you came to find my blog.  Are you from the future where I’m somewhat noteworthy and you’re reading old post?  I hope I known for something good.  If not, I’m sorry and I’ll try to do better next time.

But enough about possible future infamies, let’s talk about why I’m starting a blog and where I plan on going with it.  I really like cooking (and eating so it’s handy I’m a good cook) and every Sunday I would make a nice dinner for my Girlfriend Laura and I.  We found that we both really liked ginger plum chicken, and I made it for weeks on end.  I made it so much that towards the end of last year we started to get kind of sick of it.  This lead me to make a New Year’s Resolution that I would cook us a different meal each week using a recipe that I have never tried before.

Our little experiment in culinary exploration was a smashing success and we have had some treaty meals because of it.  It has been such a success that Laura start telling me I should do a blog for the experiment.  While I agreed that this would be fun, I was embroiled a different writing project at the time (I’ll give more details on this at a later date) and things at work were getting really busy.  So in lieu of a blog I post some pictures and rough details of each dish on Facebook.  This was OK but not satisfying and really hard to keep up with as Facebook’s interface is somewhat limiting to say the least.

Now, after months of putting it off, I finally set up a blogger account and create this, Old Man Mitchell’s Kitchen.  Here, each week I’ll post a picture of the weekend’s meal, the Recipes I used (or where to find if it’s copy written) and what I thought of it.  I should have last Sunday’s meal up by Wednesday; it was Italian Breaded Pork Chops, with Jasmine Rice, Apple Chutney and my Tarragon Carrots.

I’ve also started getting into knitting.  A good friend of mine has been giving me lessons and I find it very relaxing.  Plus I have been able to make some useful things, like a scarf for Laura and tube cover for my BiPap machine.  I’ll start posting my future projects when I finish them. Here we have a picture of the very first thing I made, it’s my practice Frankenscarf. 

That’s all I have for now.  Get the Hell out of my Kitchen and I’ll see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment