Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Everyday Getting a Little Closer to Real



Things are really picking up steam with the first issue of The Chronicles of the Tal Nor.  Kelsea, my amazing artist has been cracking out the line work like crazy and it's amazing. I'm really excited to see what it looks like after she colors the pages.  She is an amazing watercolorist and if you don't believe me check out our first book I Hate When They Run HERE.

I also have been moving things forward with some of the other item's that I'm making to go along with the IndieGoGo funding campaign we will run to fund the printing of the first issue (and hopefully more issue beyond that).  Some of these things that my friends are making are truly breath taking.  It's nice to see all this amazing work.

It's also scary as hell.  With every step we get closer to making this a real thing the stronger my anxiety about it seems to get.  I have so much fear that I will not pull this off.  The fear voices in my head are telling me enough stories of why I'll fail to put Scheherazade to shame.  It's hard not to believe lies that my depression and anxiety are telling, but I'm trying my best to fight them back.  I'm sure this is something everyone who makes things, who puts themselves out there, goes through. 

And I have contingency.  If the IndieGoGo fails, there is the bonus from my day job coming up.  I don't even want to think how anxious I'll be the week of my review if I need to rely on that to fund this thing.  You see at my day job bonus are all based on our yearly reviews.  The better the review, the more of our bonus we get.  If we hit all our goals we get the full thing, if we fall sure we only get a percentage.

But that months away, I have things much close to be excited and stressed about.  Like the Spring City Local Author Fest at the Spring City Library on Saturday April 18th 11am to 4pm.  It should be a lot of fun.  I'll be selling copies of my comics as well as giving a talk on how comics are made.  Kind of scared of giving the talk for all of the reasons.  Please come out and make sure the No One Shows Up reason doesn't come true.  If you come by I'll show you some of the works in progress for the first issue of The Chronicles of the Tal Nor. Click HERE for more details.

While we're still in the prep phase of the IndieGoGo campaign I have a question for you dear reader; what donation rewards would you like to see?  Also how much would you be willing to give in return? 

For those not familiar with IndieGoGo, it's online crowd funding platform.  The best way to describe it is it like an online PBS pledge drive for one specific project.  Much like PBS, rewards or incentives are given for donating at certain levels.  Like if you donate $3 you'll get a digital copy of the comic, $5,000 and you'll get a dream date with Ed Cunningham (That's a WHYY joke for people not from Philly).  I have come up with a nice list of rewards for when we go live but since we have some time I'd love your input dear reader.

OK, I've put off "real" writing for long enough.

Keep making things!

T.

No comments:

Post a Comment