Monday, March 23, 2015

Keeping Those Plates Spinning

Keeping Those Plates Spinning

I have been stretching myself a bit thin lately and have been neglecting this blog for a while I kept other plates in my life spinning.  Here is a brief run down of the thing I have been working on:

  • Lettering a project for a friend
  • Lettering a cover for my sister
  • Working on The Chronicles of the Tal Nor (which takes up 85% of my free time)
  • Updating Tal-Nor.com
  • Freelance Writing
  • Getting in Club 27 (Click Here for more details)
  • Getting a writers ‘Zine update writing for this fall (more details to come)
  • Fighting all my feeling of Depression, Anxiety and general insecurity
  • Writing a one pager for The Prompt (more on that later in this)
  • Planning the IndieGoGo campaign for The Chronicles of the Tal Nor (more on that later this spring)
  • Going to the Smudge Comic Art Expo (click HERE for more on that)
  • Getting ready for the Spring City Author Fest (on 4/18/2015 1-4pm More details to come soon)
  • Knitting a hat for my Dad for this winter…er next winter?


  • Plus of course the 40+ hours a week at the Day Job.


  • And spending time with my Girl


I just get tiered thinking about let alone working on all of those things. And while working on those things some times things get neglected a little like this blog.  Or posting about the Prompt.

The Prompt is an amazing project started by an incredibly talented letterer name Nic J Shaw.  Every month he gives everyone a prompt for a one-page comic and a deadline of when it is due.  Then he collects all of the work and post it to this Tumbler here http://comicprompt.tumblr.com/

I was able to participate in first prompt, which was “Welcome Home.”  That’s it; make a comic using the prompt “Welcome Home.”  I thought about it a bit and then banged out a script.  After a little searching I found Raphael Andrade to illustrate that comics.  I have post the comic below.  If you like it please let me know and If you want a print of the comic we can work that out too.


T.




No comments:

Post a Comment