Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I Hate When They Run page 4 and more

Here it is.  The penultimate page of I Hate When They Run.  I hope you have been enjoying it so far.  Next week not only will we be unavailing the final page, put we will be doing it on the Official Tal Nor website.  That's right www.Tal-Nor.com won't just forward to you to my blog but will go to a real live site.

Creating the website has been a challenge due to not only the fact the last time I created a website I used notepad and was about how I was excited to see Sheryl Crow on her 1999 tour (It was a hell of a show by the way).  It was also a challenge because I've been so busy with everything that goes on during the holiday and things really being really busy at my day.  I've been stealing a bit of time here and there to add a little content at a time.

Luckily Square Space, our web host is super easy to use and even if it doesn't look exactly how I imagined, it still looks great.  There are a few little tweaks that have to happen here and there but for the most part it ready to roll out.  To be honest, part of the reason I announced here is to make me publicly accountable for launching it in time next Wednesday.  Hopefully it will be enough to help me fight of the final anchor that has slowed this all down Depression.

I have written about it here before and it is a constant in my life.  The best analogy I can use is it's like a tide caused by thousands of unseen moon, giving it a maddening unpredictability.  Out of nowhere a wave of sadness will hit me and try to pull me down with its powerful undertow of feeling of inadequacy and anxiety.  Make no bones about it, what I'm attempting to do, become basically a publisher in a few short months is not easy and a hell of a lot of hard work.

Once more I'm lucky.  I have a bunch of supportive people around me.  I have job which will provide some of the funding (more on that in future posts *wink*, *wink*) and provide me with the health insurance so I can seek the help I need to battle these demons.  I have a few friends who don't have this luxury.

The thing that I found that has helped me deal with all of this is working out.  Since December 9th I have go to the gym everyday it has been open.  This means the only day I missed was Christmas day.  I have been working out off and on, mostly off since I was in college.  I found that if I missed a day, it would spiral out of control and it would take me months to get back into the habit.  What I have come to realize is that if I can make an excuse not to go, I will.  Which is kind of odd because I do like going to the gym, I like working out. Recently I realized the only way to make it stick is to simply not except any excuse for not going.  The gym is open 24 hours a day.  I can find the time. And so far I have.


Now on to what you have all been waiting for, Page Four: (you can read from the beginning HERE)


No comments:

Post a Comment