Monday, November 2, 2015

#Extra Life


For the past five years or so, I have been participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon raising money for Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.  Of that time I’ve raised a fair amount of money (north of $2000).  It saddens me to say that this year I won’t be able to participate.

It just kind of snuck up on me and after running TheChronicles of the Tal Nor Kickstarter, my well of asking for money on the internet was just about dry. Plus I’ve been having some sleep issues and throwing in a 24hr gaming marathon probably wouldn’t help matters. Now here we stand, just five days away from the event and I feel the urge to help.

Luckily, my dear friend David Thoma has step up to the plate and is not only participating, but his company is matching donations.  Please click HERE and donate.  All of the money goes to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.

For those of you that haven’t heard of Extra Life, it really is an amazing event.  Once a year they help organize a unique marathon.  In most marathons involve going somewhere and running or biking or some other physical activity.  With Extra Life it’s a gaming marathon that can be done anywhere with any game that you like.  For 8am Saturday to 8am Sunday, those participating will do nothing but play games for those 24hrs.  The first year I did it, I just sat on my couch and play the heck out of my Xbox.  A number of palace will host people to play.  Also some times groups of people will get together a form teams.

All of the money goes to help fund the care of sick kids at Children’s hospitals around the country.  These are hospitals that never turn away a child no matter their parent’s ability to pay.  Events like this are how they are able to do this. When your child is sick, you have enough to worry about without having to worrying about paying for their care.  Please join me and sponsor David Thoma as he embarks on the Extra Life marathon.  http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=165686 

As an added bonus, if you email me at TalNorComics@gmail.com and tell me that you have donated, I’ll send you a free copy of The Chroniclesof Tal Nor issue 1.

That’s all for now.

Till Next time, keep making things!


T.

No comments:

Post a Comment